DID YOU KNOW?
Many of our boundary layers are drawn in-house by our own drafting department, and are updated continually. In fact, our parcel layers are frequently more current and complete than the GIS layers maintained by any other source.
What are Visual Layers Anyway?
Our visual layers are transparent layers of information that can be added on top of an aerial photo or street map to display additional information about your parcel or parcels of interest.
ParcelQuest Online offers an incredibly vast library of visual layers that you can overlay on top of the interactive map - from fire & flood zones to topography and section boundaries!
Layers: You Want 'Em? We Got 'Em!
ParcelQuest collaborates with several state and federal agencies to provide the most current and relevant visual layers in our PQ Online database. We're tirelessly working to improve our visual layer library based on market data and customer feedback. Don't see the layer you need? Let us know - we're looking for layers to add all the time! Our PQ Online visual layer library includes:
- Road maps
- Aerial photos - both orthogonal and oblique
- Parcel boundaries
- California county boundaries
- Section, Township and range boundaries - Public Land Survey System (PLSS)
- Fire Hazard zones - CalFire
- Topographical or "quad" maps - U.S. Geological Survey
- Flood Hazard - Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- California Coastal Commission jurisdiction boundaries
- Fire State Responsibility Area - CalFire
- Dam Inundation - CA Emergency Management Agency (CEMA)
- Earthquake and Seismic zones - Dept. of Conservation
- Wildland Fire Hazard zones - United States Forest Service
- Soil Surveys - US Department of Agriculture (USDA)